Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not going the distance

It’s been so long I’ve given a damn
It’s hard to care anymore.
I stand so tall after all the clamber,
Can’t bend and reach out anymore.

I keep my differences aside
I can mingle and blend like wine
But I keep my distances marked
You can’t come further I’m locked
With me forgetting the combination,
I can’t be unlocked anymore.

With just passing time, people close in
Now I’ve got the favours and the burden roped in
Personally being professional, I follow
The codes with the procedure’s blueprint

This charade gets me, and the wall’s cracks appear
I can peep through the other side, but not get near
With barely visible parts of joys and sorrows
I don’t get the entire picture anymore

But I dream, one day, will bless me
& crush the bricks to pieces
I hope my archers and cavalry
Will be prepared for the people who seek us
Till that time, I’ll count my dimes
But I can’t wait for my life anymore.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wht happ? why so serious?

Sur said...

it's just the side-effect of too long life of zero expectations...