Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm So Happy To Be Alone

I'm so happy to be left alone, in my own world I live
I'm so happy to be alone, the songs I want to, I sing
I take my own stride, I tread my own path
I'm so happy to be alone, I like my light and my dark

No illusions to fool, on the values I'm firm
I know I can't reap, if the seeds I haven't sown
Good head on my shoulder, higher mountains to reach
The thoughts that do smolder, almost surfeit

I'm so happy to be alone, on nobody I vent my fire
I'm so happy to be alone, I can express my own desire
I team up with solitude and my thoughts I do chase
My solitude abandons me in a state of malaise

The desire for somebody, almost doesn't exist
This idea of dependency seems defeatist
I yearn and I cringe, to this feeling, cold, unknown
I was happy and intend to be, I'm better off alone

Now I find myself, not the way I was before
Something changed unintentionally, I'm feeling little sore
The priorities changed, so did the things aspired
The bittersweet feeling has got my heart in a mire

I shrug it off with a laugh, now I'm back up on my feet
Wary of my learning and how things could change and be
Wiser and agile now I jump over quick sands
Careful in foreign lands, spare a thought on where I stand

I'm so happy to be alone, till I find no longer the need
Of a freewheeling life, the one without a key
I'm so happy to be alone, but I'll digress, this much, I owe me
I'm so happy to be alone, perfect solitude and not lonely.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

superlike...:) :) :)