Thursday, April 14, 2011

I’ve Learnt Not To Dream Again

Broken dreams hurt so much
I’ve learnt not to dream again

They say the path is untrodden
So hard your hopes will shatter
It’s too much pain, better look away
Even though the alternatives don’t matter

I’ve learnt not to dream again

They say better don’t hope, don’t train
Excel in things we want you to
Achievers have some advantage,
Plus they train harder than you can ever do
And when the pieces of my heart in blue
Yearns to keep the spirit alive
I’ve learnt to deal with expectations
And never to dream of the open skies

A contentious mind, a hardened heart
Won’t fail me this time, with my eyes on the path
It’ll be work and strive, all in the moment’s time
And when there occurs a small spark in the rain
I’ll blow it off and won’t ever dream again.

No comments: