Sunday, October 14, 2012

Incessant Rambling

Shut up brain, shut up heart,
This is not the place to start
Relax and stop thinking now
Let numbness smother things that are

Perhaps tomorrow be the day,
Perhaps never as they say
Why bother what happens, it's my pride
And numbness I have by my side.

Losing sleep doesn't count, wakin up is what matters now
Endless wasted moments before I bow
What resulted in a shattered crown

Building bridges just to burn,
Withheld inhibitions in to swirl
Fuming, consuming thoughts arrive
Taking my sleep in its stride

I hate to have them back today,
On my way to sleep heaven
Why do you raise your wicked head
Stir up confusion instead

Let me sleep go back you thoughts
My heart ain't ideal landing spot
I'll brush them away instantly
Time to take one more morphine

Then I fall unconscious me
Fists clenched constantly
Waking up, I feel alive
Fists unclenched but not relieved

Shut up brain, shut up heart
What you say is miles apart
One too sorrow in recluse
Other too cheerful, to be true

Fairly level headed not me
Afraid to tread now in between
Too forward or conservative
I'll find the middle ground superlative

There's no reason for dichotomy
Both have best interests for me,
When they're one, the heart and brain
There's nothing which I can't obtain

The possibility of such a thing,
Is what makes us wish, makes me dream
Defy them all, on a wing,
Unachievable, no such thing.

There we go, the train of thoughts,
The pouring of the mind distraught,
The fire's ignited, 't has to last,
Finally ready to have a blast.

No comments: