Friday, October 26, 2012

Good ol' story

This is the story of an old couple still hopelessly in love. This is a story of the successful marriage. This is the story that everybody dreams of. This is the poem you would want to write 50 years from now.


Not limited by insecurity
Not limited by calculations
It's just that someone close to me
It's normalcy not an aberration

There's no count of give and take
There's only give, let em fly than stay
There need be not an exact reply
But when with her i touch the sky

I stand on cloud, I'm over the moon
I do not fear if it'll end too soon
For its the present we cherish and live
For its the present, that we believe

And after all is said and done,
It was the present that I remember
The present then, when we were one
A present still now, we have just begun

We are now old, still my hand in yours
Yours in mine, more strength it draws
You are to me still my beloved dearest
The lines on our faces drawn when clearest,

I'm still that guy who falls for you,
Each day in the morn when the sun comes through
You are still the beauty, I fell for then,
To love you more, me God has sent

I still look at you, starry-eyed
Still admire the way I'm tongue tied
You melt my heart, with that warm smile
With you, it's small a thousand miles

The love for you is self proclaimed
And with pride I say it's truly divine
But what is far greater, greater still,
Is what she feels for me, the love so fine

Knowing her unwavering love with me,
It gives me strength and helps me breathe,
In these old fragile hands I still see
The power to hold her hands to safety

We still laugh at the jokes I crack,
To see you laugh, i do this tack
We still walk albeit so slow
When with you time loses track

We grew so much
We have come through
After the upward struggle
Happiness plateau
Our beautiful children's beautiful children
The beauty has surely come from you

Young and wild, were we once
For love was upon us bestowed
My love still growing for you even
We're parents and grandparents now.

Together we've lived our entire lives,
We would choose the same but then we're destined
Together we'll be, death won't do us part
A special place in God's heart.


I'll go first and make some room
You join me then but please come soon
I can't say i'll die again, but
I'd rather in death be with you

No comments: