Saturday, September 29, 2012

Silly me

From the dark recesses of my mind,
Crept a flicker of light,
How could I be so naive to think this would end the blight
Perhaps it's a lighted match,
That'll be blown off soon
Perhaps it's just a spark
Ray of hope? A boon?

Silly me, I thought these were changing times
Silly me, I thought the fallen me would rise,
Silly me, I let myself think beyond hope
Silly me, I almost smiled, too much here to cope.

Things going wrong, doesn't let me catch my breath
On a song, the beat's on filled with regret
I've been through the wringer,
Matters little, the pain's the same
The grind excruciating, the efforts, vain.

Silly me, I thought this was to end
Silly me, too many broken pieces to mend
Silly me, claustrophobic once, dreams of coffin
Silly me, Every couple of breath needs morphine

Blood sweat tears, time, health, not enough
There's probably more need, this road too rough
Through the tourniquet I bleed,
Threatening to bite the dust,
But on I go, 'cause for more I lust

Silly me, this road seemed glistening
Of gold, silly me, I wasn't listening, back then when I was told,
Silly me, the blood drained, tears dried up now what
They still seem to think more to offer I've got

Pointless, no direction, waiting for a cue,
The silly me, wants out, silliness posing the truth,
The blame's gone, no pointing fingers alone,
Silly me wants this king dethroned,

It doesn't matter What I say, really, do you believe me?
Or will you wave me off
Cos it's just me, the silly me?

No comments: