Friday, September 7, 2012

Lost...

Lost in never ending abyss
Leaves me groping for hope
Cost of wishing the end,
May leave me battling more.

Being able to want and wanting to be able,
The things never heard of, but lost in the label,
Misreadings and vagueness pave way for more disguise,
Unfathomable clues, arduous fake paradise.

Better off on earth, than the strenuous path to pointlessness,
Questioning the worth, to leave the dreams I once had, but then
Lost is the time and the spirit divine,
Fading away to black, who knows what's destined

But toil we must, bear the mild yoke they say,
The atlas can't lend the earth to anyone any day,
But what if the blood spilt is gone to waste,
What if the pain doesn't subside when they take,

My life, now that's all I have to do,
and undo to make it in time left for doom

Wading through the muck, grinding in the grief,
The day itself so long
But the years they call it brief

The fog covers my path,
My eyes blinded by fear
The numbness a quiet relief
Left are no more tears

So where do we go from here?
Is the fog even meant to clear?
What was it that was supposed to be, and the things that were dear?

Questions unanswered hope nowhere near,
Somehow there's still courage left to tread deeper from here

This too shall pass they always say,
Pass when I ask, arise.
Perhaps, burning is the only way out, I surmise.


No comments: