Sunday, December 7, 2014

Losing sleep

I never thought I would lose my sleep
But all these thoughts I cannot keep,
Inside, my head there's a thunderstorm,
That rains on hope and thoughts warm.

Craving for a little piece of sunshine,
As darkness envelops my delirious mind
A ray of hope, a symbol or sign
Maybe only intervention divine

Can save me now, for the bugle's sounded
The chip on my shoulder, is fairly astounded
through this wringer I must go again,
A war of rules, clash of minds restrained

A fairly average game to lose,
I so did not want my life confused,
Where is that star I used to see,
Alas the sky is growing weak,

I look across the horizons spread
The stars they fade, there's the sun instead
How long have I been gazing by
And searched in the wrong part of the sky

How long have I been pushing the bend,
The dead end I didn't think to mend
My ways, I missed the turn somewhere,
Looking back and the darkness glares

Destiny they say are made by choices,
When silence get replaced by voices,
The decision now has to be made,
To stare the wall, or gaze the ray

Of sunlight that marks my new way
Maybe this will take me away
From the dread, that's filled up to the seams
Maybe one night will help me sleep

No comments: