Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Invisible chain

Twisting and turning
With my thoughts unsettled
Like a very hot fire
Under a burning kettle

These ideas, they stew, they boil and they cook
At the end of my wits, everywhere I've looked

A way is what I need right now, one desperate move
Or it will be checkmate again guessing nothing new

I refuse to go down without a fight
Most certainly I refuse to go down
I may hide, find ways to bide my time
Soul searching, this soul is well bestowed

At times I falter, I fall down
Get bogged by invisible chains
These chains that tie my thoughts and heart,
my hands and legs and brain

They seem impossible to be unshackled
How can I begin to try?
Among the ridicule and cruel heckle
It makes me want to cry

It makes me want to give up
this fight, You, can have it all
All the mud slings gory
All the glory and awards

But something stirs inside
How can I let it be?
How can I let myself be trapped
With bitter memories?
How can something as trivial
As bitter conjectures
Shackle everything I know
Time for my deflector

These imaginary bonds
Shall be put to test
All Chinese whispers and whisperers
Shall be put to rest

And all the demons in my head
All of them will be slayed
They say it is a nightmare
Of dreams I'm not afraid

It's time to take a silent moment
With conviction I must move
Not let this break my swagger
This moment I shall use

To rise above the clouds
My own standards be surpassed
Things need to be set right
In stone nothing's cast.

No comments: