Sunday, February 17, 2013

To be or not to be


To be or not to be
To breathe or not to breathe
Which path unfolding to be chosen
The green or not so green?

I speak as I ought to speak
I dream as I ought to dream
Somewhere the world turns topsy turvy
I scream as I ought to scream

I run but I lose the race
I'd rather stride my way
Still a rat, in the game
I'd rather make my day

Distant numb today
I had my time in breeze
Now all gone away
I'm down but then there's more beneath

Be deceived or pretend to be
Not sure, let go of the trapeze
Clutching the loose bricks
I climb
Is it me or am i going down deep

Should I feel what I ought to feel
A foolish fool for my dreams
Drowning in the deepest seas
Of lights I dream and I see

Is it real as real it can be
Or beyond the realm it feels
Should it matter, shouldn't wouldn't
Couldn't help my heart it's free

Was it freedom that I desired?
Was it comfort that was meant to be?
Why do I miss the water
Doesn't make sense any

Do I know what I want to be?
Or where or who's for me?
Can I speak what i ought to speak?
Can I dream what I ought to dream?

Can I sing as I ought to sing?
With the voice that's deep within
Waiting for a sign from up above
Maybe as I ought to i'll breathe.

No comments: