Thursday, April 16, 2015

With you, my friend

Don't worry my friend,
For life sometimes
May seem to let you down

Don't worry my friend
For the wind may chime
A tune that makes you frown

The path descends
Ahead in time
Some hold your hand, too strong

But then instead
Of joy sublime
They may take back the crown

Fear not; tread
Slow, with open eyes
Your path unique as this song

Their choices lead
To leave your side
Some more may come along

It's true, my friend
I will not bide
My time with you; is long.

With you I spend
My hours, my life,
With you is where I belong

With you; in trend
Of falls and strides
With all cheek and tongue

The times won't bend
The bond and pride
We brave it all as one

The time will mend
For lost time
The frolic and the fun

Together we'll fend
Off the harsh tides
The battles shall be won

Don't worry my friend
I'm on your side
The ride has just begun!

No comments: