Saturday, July 26, 2014

When you're trying to be strong

This calmness gets on my nerves
Suddenly it is so quiet
Like something about to swerve
This feeling can't be right

The sun hides behind the clouds
The sky gives out a shout
Then cries from the heavens
Here they come, all the doubts

It was good while it lasted
Is it too good to be true?
You can have only what you think deserves to be with you

Suddenly everything's wrong
All my steps are a stumble
The smiles and grins disappear
Replaced with such grim mumbles

A cloud of anger around
A shadow of doubt you see
The tears I thought were lost
It all comes back to me

Being sure of what to do
Does this feeling even exist?
What is that thing that I keep doing and makes me a misfit?

I wish I could just see
A little farther down my path
If I could avoid obstruction
I could've avoided this aftermath

Giving up is not an option
But this fight can't seem to win
Drives me up the wall
Sometimes crawls under my skin

I'm still looking for the answer
Frantic is my search
Beating my hands and legs
Got to float before I submerge

The ride is just like the 'show'
Come what may, it goes on
Clinging to threads of hope
And trying to be strong

No comments: