Sunday, January 19, 2014

The crumbling fool

A crack in the dawn
The silence so loud
There my eyes screaming
But my voice that shrouds

A part of me dreams
Defies destiny
Laughs on fate
Mocks heaven's gates

Then another part
The one I hate
Silences my vows
Deafens my pains
Shadows my light
Stifles my voice

I choke on words
Unsaid things don't hurt

Fulfill I must the confound luck
The mirror stares and asks where am I stuck?

Where's that thing I used to see
A part now just a memory
Where re those eyes I long again
The borrowed time that sealed my fate
Where are those moments never seemed to last?
The signs I now place on my mast
Where is that child like laugh and play
That now lights up the memory lane

Why am I looking at the road gone by
The cliff ahead looks up the sky
& says why bother the fool will jump
I say not yet there's more to come
What now seems like a fall tonight
It is the jump I take to flight
I may have my head down tonight
That is because I'm looking down to fly

No comments: