Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Uncertain roads

Alas a part of what was whole
A broken heart and tired soul
The path steadfast on which I walked
Has been blasted, has been shot

Creeping darkness death it seems
Would welcome it with open arms
But life it is none that I dreamed
Bleeding crimson on open palms

Upon that shiny star I pray
For deliverance or for some tourniquet
For dreams forgotten, eyes awake
With weight of world in mind he slept.
But he didn't sleep for long
His dreams didn't let him rest
Nightmares to whom they belong?
I want none of it for test

Waking up with heavy breaths
Wide awake scared by what I saw
Put this uncertainty to rest
Only one way my mind be thawed

No road ahead to look up nigh
I'll just have to make my way
Blast the mountain, tear the sky
This story far from over I say

So what if I have to walk alone
I'll be the one to wipe my tears
I'll be my guide, my coach lone
I'll fight on my own all my fears

The things sometimes that we bear
They can never understand
It is pointless to tear my hair
I make mistakes, I'm just a man

Giving up I do not know
For I can never quit trying
Upon the coldness of the snow
We will try and keep on riding

I will one day reach that point
Find my gold and find my shrine
Then I'll kneel with scraped knee joint
I hope its worth all pain to find.

No comments: