Tuesday, June 19, 2012

You're not the one


I thought I had made it
I thought we had that spark
I thought I knew what I felt & need
Thought it would be you

But you turned out so different
Different than I had imagined
The  accommodating me it was
up the walls you have me drivin

I thought there was just a difference
A simple matter of point of view
It might still be true but now
I can't see the choice that's you

I take a step forward, a step away from you
Choosing a different path is the same as wanting a different you

But the you in you I respect
I can't let down either
The me in me I can't avoid
The me's freedom I desire

It never really took off
I saw it coming the morrow's mire
The whispering little voice in me
Set my goals a little higher

Ahead we move now
Towards more exciting times
The one is waiting somewhere
But mistakes dozen a dime.

No comments: