Thursday, September 22, 2011

The last part of Darkness

They told me to take the leap,
They drove me off the cliff
Blindfolded and bound, terror within
All I had was zilch

No sight or leverage I have,
It’s just a clue I seek,
They mistook my swollen and bleeding back,
For their sword’s sheath

Wavering and losing balance,
I feel the narrow ledge,
I remember the times of my life,
Moments filled with regrets,

Uneventful though it was,
I’m glad that part’s done,
The one that could not be,
And the ones you wanted none


The nights when I used to sleep,
And ones that were blurred,
Between them and the day ahead,
Was the nightmare I preferred

I guess the fear’s dead,
Soon with it I’ll meet, Couldn’t live
Without when I was awake,
Can’t abandon when I’m asleep

Here I am waiting,
it’ll be my turn soon
Apathy’s what I’m feeling,
It came when I needed it to.

No comments: